Walk and Talk Therapy in Columbus
Walk and Talk Therapy is a form of therapy while walking outdoors in public places. It is designed to allow the natural outdoors to connect to your true self.
At Holistic Consultation, we offer Walk and Talk Therapy as an optional treatment option. You and your therapist will decide if it’s right for you and your situation.
Walk and Talk Therapy typically takes place at the Whetstone Park of Roses or other nearby park or trail and can be used intermittently or regularly.
Benefits of Walk and Talk Therapy
- Increased mindfulness and mind-body connection
- Increased energy and creativity
- Increased physical activity
- Elevated mood
Who is a good fit?
- Do enjoy nature or the outdoors?
- Do you exhibit a lot of excess energy during sessions?
- Do you feel uneasy with maintaining direct eye contact and sitting still?
- Do you feel more comfortable talking side-by-side, rather than sitting face-to-face in an office?
Some clients have also noted that they feel more comfortable in nature and walking helps them feel “unstuck” when confronting difficult issues or decisions.
Walk and Talk Therapy. It’s therapy at your own pace.