Individual Therapy & Counseling
Your mind seems to be somewhere else. You feel uncertain and unsettled. It’s like you’re constantly thinking about the past or worrying about the future.
You weren’t always this unsettled.
But recently, you started to question yourself more deeply.
A lot of the time you feel isolated, confused, overwhelmed. And sometimes it seems like you’re just wandering through life, untethered.
Let us help you on your path forward. It’s your life, better.
When You Seek Individual Counseling at Holistic Consultation you will:
- Learn better coping skills, so you can get back to feeling like yourself
- Feel more confident being yourself and figure out how experience a stronger sense of connection
- Regain a sense of control over things in your life
- Figure out what really matters to you, right now
- Have someone to talk to and to help you feel seen and heard and find a sense of belonging
The Individual Counseling Process
Individual counseling is intended to help you examine all areas of your life and see how they work together as a whole.
Together, you and your therapist will take a holistic approach to your treatment and work to clarify who you are on a core level. You will discover the insight you need to move forward in a way that makes the most sense for you right now.
You and your therapist will meet together for 60-minute sessions.
- During this initial session, you will be paired with an intake clinician for an initial consultation.
- The point of this visit is to find out what brought you to therapy and we can help. This is intended to make the counseling process as easy and as smooth as possible.
- During this session, we also verify your insurance and set up your online scheduling portal, so you can schedule ongoing appointments as needed.
SESSION TWO & BEYOND:
- Together, in each subsequent session, you and your therapist will use proven approaches to help you feel more like yourself again.
- Each session is designed to look at and treat your whole self. Together, you and your therapist will connect in a safe, comfortable space to help you become the best version of yourself right now.
1-2 Final Sessions
In your final sessions, you will review your goals to ensure you are satisfied with your counseling experience and that the work we have done together has met your expectations.
You will also outline a plan going forward so that you are able to retain what we have worked on together and implement all you have learned outside of session.
More About Holistic Consultation:
Our Therapy & Counseling Services
As an integrative counseling center with Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists, Holistic Consultation is first and foremost a place devoted to meeting you where you are.
We have therapists who are highly trained in a variety of evidence-based approaches and we also have a certified yoga instructor and licensed nutritionist on staff. All of this is with the goal of helping you have the most well-rounded treatment possible.
Holistic Consultation is the place for you get in touch with who you are at an authentic level.
Our mission is to empower you to be the best version of yourself through experienced mental health care.
Who Benefits Most from Seeing a Mental Health Therapist
You will benefit from individual therapy sessions if:
- You are preoccupied with current life stressors
- You feel isolated, confused, or generally overwhelmed
- You feel uncertain or are worried about your future
- You want connection, support and a plan to make progress
What Does Individual Therapy Cost?
Individual Counseling is a fee for service program and Holistic Consultation accepts most major insurance plans and services provided on a self-pay basis. A sliding scale fee is available upon request and determined by need.
We accept Aetna, Anthem, Medical Mutual, OSU Student Health Insurance (Healthsmart), OSU Faculty & Staff Insurance (NGS Coresource/Trustmark), and Tricare at in-network rates.
When and Where Can I Schedule a Session with a Therapist?
Holistic Consultation - Online Therapy conveniently offered throughout Ohio.
Holistic Consultation - Campus Location is conveniently located in Columbus, OH across the street from Ohio State University. We are just south of Clintonville, east of Upper Arlington and north of Short North, Victorian Village and downtown Columbus.
Holistic Consultation - Clintonville Location is conveniently located in Columbus, OH next to the Whetstone Park of Roses. We are east of Upper Arlington, south of Worthington and north of Ohio State University and downtown Columbus.
Counseling services are offered year-round with daytime, night & weekend availability.
Your Next Steps
It is completely possible to feel like yourself again.
With the right support, you can start taking small steps forward. You just need to find the right professional to guide you along the way.
Holistic Consultation can help.