There was a time in your life when you looked forward to big changes and transitions. You sought out opportunities to try new things and expand your horizons.
In the midst of this, you decided you wanted to feel better about yourself, so you sought counseling.
You showed up and invested your energy in therapy. You’ve been making great strides and have an understanding of why you face the challenges you do and where your struggles come from.
Now you’re ready to move forward with all you have learned and take your skills and insight to the next level.
When you attend group therapy with Holistic Consultation you will:
- Find a safe environment to practice your coping skills
- Receive encouraging feedback from others going through similar things
- Find a low-commitment way to deepen your work
- Discover ways to integrate what you have learned into your everyday life
The Group Therapy Process
Group therapy is intended to help you form a sense of shared purpose with others who have faced similar struggles. You will build trust, respect, and compassion with your group members which allows you to do deep, healing work.
- During this initial session, you will be paired with an intake clinician for an initial consultation.
- The point of this visit is to find out what brought you to therapy and how Holistic Consultation can help. This is intended to make the counseling process as easy and as smooth as possible.
- Once the initial intake is completed, and you are an active client of Holistic Consultation, you are welcome to join one of our groups.
SESSION TWO & BEYOND:
- Group therapy is available in addition or as a supplement to your one on one counseling.
- This can also be helpful for if you are experiencing financial difficulty and need a space to receive supplemental support.
- The group facilitator employs proven approached that highlight all members’ strengths.
More About Holistic Consultation:
Our Therapy & Counseling Services in Columbus
As an integrative counseling center with Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists, Holistic Consultation is devoted to meeting you where you are. All of this is with the goal of helping you have the most well-rounded treatment possible.
It is our passion to guide our clients to find clarity in their lives and feel a sense of sureness about the direction their life is headed.
Meet Your Group Facilitator
Angela Weixel, MSW, LISW
Our group therapy program is facilitated by Angela Weixel, MSW, LISW. Angela not only brings extensive facilitating groups, including DBT and mindfulness, but she is also a yoga teacher that has experience with facilitating inspiring conversations and creating an environment of peace and calm.
Similar to all of our clinicians, Angela is licensed by the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board to conduct diagnostic mental health assessments, provide treatment plans and recommendations for people of all ages. She has also received additional training and education in group counseling from experts in the field of group counseling and research.
Holistic Consultation is the place to get in touch with who you are on an authentic level.
Our mission is to empower you to become the best version of yourself through experienced mental health care.
What Satisfied Members are Saying
About Group Therapy
"Everyone was very kind and caring at it made me feel at ease."
"Just the thought of knowing I can come here and have a group of people to talk to makes a huge impact."
"Always very friendly and welcoming in a supportive environment. Group therapy has really helped me feel better."
Who Benefits Most from Group Therapy
You will benefit from group therapy if:
- You want to feel more connected and supported
- You hope to view yourself in a different light
- You’re excited to know you’re not alone
- You’re looking to improve your social skills
What Does Group Therapy Cost?
Our group therapy is a FREE service offered and is available for all active clients who have completed an intake session at Holistic Consultation.
When and Where Can I Schedule to attend Group Therapy in Columbus?
Holistic Consultation - Campus Location is conveniently located in Columbus, OH across the street from Ohio State University. We are just south of Clintonville, east of Upper Arlington and north of Short North, Victorian Village and downtown Columbus.
Throughout the year, we offer groups and workshops in a variety of areas. Some of the groups are issue specific, while other groups are skill building in nature. Please ask your counselor or see our office for additional offerings.
Your Next Steps
It is completely possible to find ways to authentically show up and connect with others who love and appreciate you for who you are.
With the right support, you can start taking small steps forward. You just need to find the right professional to guide you along the way.
Holistic Consultation can help.