Marriage Counseling & Couples Therapy
You always expected your relationship to grow as your life evolved, but that your love for your partner would be the one constant through all of your changing seasons.
But the truth is, the transitions you’ve gone through lately have put a strain on your relationship.
As you and your partner have grown, your responsibilities have become more intense– and suddenly there’s a lot more to manage than just your relationship. The uncertainty can feel overwhelming.
A lot of the time, you still feel stuck and you’re not sure what your next steps should be. You’re struggling to communicate and connect.
That’s not to say you want to split up. You both know that every couple goes through rough patches. You just want to feel better.
When you seek couples therapy with Holistic Consultation, you will:
- Increase intimacy and understanding in your relationship
- Learn to better communicate your needs
- Better manage difficult situations
- Feel better about your relationship and where it is headed
The Relationship Counseling Process
Couples counseling is intended to guide you and your partner in making lasting, positive changes. Together, you, your partner, and your therapist will take a holistic approach to your treatment and work to provide the insights you need for your relationship to thrive.
The two of you and your therapist will meet together for 60-minute sessions.
- During this initial session, you will be paired with an intake clinician for an initial consultation.
- The point of this visit is to find out what brought you to therapy and how Holistic Consultation can help. This is intended to make the counseling process as easy and as smooth as possible.
- During this session, we also verify your insurance and set up your online scheduling portal, so you can schedule ongoing appointments as needed.
- You also have the opportunity to participate in optional assessments for more insight into your relationship.
SESSION TWO & BEYOND:
- In each subsequent session, you, your partner, and your therapist will use evidenced-based approaches to help you feel more connected and build more intimacy and trust.
- Together, you and your therapist will connect in a safe, comfortable space with the goal of helping your relationship move forward in a direction you both are proud of.
1-2 Final Sessions
In your final sessions, you and your partner will review your goals to ensure you are satisfied with your counseling experience and that the work we have done together has met your expectations.
The two of you will also outline a plan going forward so that you are able to retain what we have worked on together and implement all you have learned outside of session
More About Holistic Consultation:
Our Therapy & Counseling Services
As an integrative counseling practice, our team of nearly 30 best-in-class therapists provide innovative care in a safe, welcoming and supportive environment.
Our therapists are highly trained in a variety of evidence-based approaches and also offer advanced specialties in:
- Art Therapy
- Ayurvedic Health Education
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Sex Therapy & Sex Positivity
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Yoga Nidra
All of this is with the goal of helping you have the most well-rounded treatment possible.
What Satisfied Clients are Saying About
Our Marriage Counseling & Couples Therapy
"I don’t know where we would be without your services. Our lives have gotten so much better and happier. We still practice the tools we learned in our day to day life."
"I’m very happy with the care we receive here. We have made intense progress since starting counseling."
"My past experiences made me reluctant to try counseling again. But we’ve been very comfortable at Holistic and feel like we’ve gotten the help we needed."
Who Benefits Most from Couples Therapy & Relationship Help
You will benefit from couples therapy sessions if:
- You and your partner feel stuck and not sure how to move forward
- You and your partner feel a lack of connection or isolated
- You and your partner feel stressed, overwhelmed or exhausted
- You want connection, support and a plan to make progress
What Does Couples Therapy Cost?
Couples Counseling is a fee for service program and Holistic Consultation accepts most major insurance plans and services provided on a self-pay basis. A sliding scale fee is available upon request and determined by need.
We accept Aetna, Anthem, Medical Mutual, Optum, OSU Student Health Insurance (Healthsmart), OSU Faculty & Staff Insurance (NGS Coresource/Trustmark), Tricare and United Healthcare at their contracted rates.
For a one-time fee of $35, we also partner with Prepare-Enrich to offer a customized, strengths-oriented relationship assessment. This allows you to quickly gain a view of the strengths in your relationship and learn where to focus your time on what your relationship needs right now.
When and Where Can I Schedule a Marriage Counseling or Couples Therapy Session?
Holistic Consultation - Online Therapy conveniently offers online therapy throughout Ohio.
Holistic Consultation - Campus Location is conveniently located in Columbus, OH across the street from Ohio State University.
Holistic Consultation - Clintonville Location is conveniently located in Columbus, OH next to the Whetstone Park of Roses.
Services are offered year-round with daytime, night & weekend availability.
Your Next Steps
It is completely possible for you and your partner to feel more connected and certain.
With the right support, you can start taking small steps forward. You just need to find the right professional to guide you along the way.
Holistic Consultation can help.