Common Questions and What to Expect
If you're new to counseling, here are some common questions. We're here to help.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are core values at Holistic Consultation. We recognize that all of our collective perspectives make progress possible and we:
- See the diversity of our community and wholly respect the dignity and worth of each person.
- Believe in creating safe and transparent spaces for change.
- Recognize the systemic power struggles, tension, and inequities built into communities across our local community and nationwide.
Holistic Consultation also:
- Boldly commits to offering equitable mental health services without discrimination.
- Offers services in approachable and easy-to-understand means.
- Supports conversations of change both actively and passively.
- Makes every effort to be the best practice for clients and staff in terms of talent and diversity, recognizing the need for quality, consistency, and transparency.
Because each person has different issues and goals for therapy, therapy will be different depending on the individual. We tailor our therapeutic approach to your specific needs.
In general, you can expect to discuss the current events happening in your life, your personal history relevant to your issue, and report progress (or any new insights gained) from the previous therapy session.
Plan to arrive 5-10 minutes early for your first appointment in order to complete the initial introductory paperwork. If you prefer, you may complete the paperwork prior to your appointment. If you will be utilizing insurance, also plan to bring your insurance card.
We accept Aetna, Anthem, Medical Mutual, OSU Student Health Insurance (Healthsmart), OSU Faculty & Staff Insurance (NGS Coresource/Trustmark), and Tricare, at their contracted rates, as well as, provide services on a self-pay basis. A sliding fee discount application is also available for those who qualify.
A $25 fee will also apply for each medical record, client form and/or documentation letter requested. A copy of our complete financial policy can be found here.
We comply with all HIPAA guidelines. You are asked to read these guidelines prior to your appointment, as well as, review the HIPAA paperwork which will be provided to you at your first session.
The information you provide on paper and during your sessions is not shared with any other office or agency unless you have signed a "Release of Information" form allowing your information to be shared with an outside agency or individual.