You’ve may been at your job for a while or recently laid off. While other aspects of your life can feel rewarding, you realize it's time for a career change.
It's possible the idea of staying on your career path makes you feel a bit overwhelmed, frustrated and you’re beginning to notice all the ways it drains you too.
You know you have the potential to do so much with your time and energy. You’re just not sure how to channel your passion into your next steps.
You want to feel satisfied with your career.
You want a career that gives you both purpose and meaning.
When you seek career counseling with Holistic Consultation you will:
- Clarify your career interests, abilities, values, and personality
- Learn to focus on who you are, what you need, and what you can contribute
- Feel more in control of your career path
- Feel more confident in your personal and professional life
The Career Counseling Process for Work Stress and Career Change
Career Counseling is intended to help you find meaning and reward in your career. Together, you and your therapist will take a holistic approach to your treatment and work to clarify who you are on a core level.
You and your therapist will meet together for 60-minute sessions.
- During this initial session, you will be paired with an intake clinician for an initial consultation.
- The point of this visit is to find out what brought you to therapy and how Holistic Consultation can help. This is intended to make the counseling process as easy and as smooth as possible.
- During this session, we also verify your insurance and set up your online scheduling portal, so you can schedule ongoing appointments as needed.
SESSION TWO & BEYOND:
- In each subsequent session, you and your therapist will use proven approaches to help you reach your goals.
- Together, you and your counselor will connect in a safe, comfortable space to help you find meaning and happiness in life and in your career.
1-2 Final Sessions
In your final sessions, you will review your goals to ensure you are satisfied with your counseling experience and that the work we have done together has met your expectations.
You will also outline a plan going forward so that you are able to retain what we have worked on together and implement all you have learned outside of session.
More About Holistic Consultation:
Our Therapy & Counseling Services in Columbus
As an integrative counseling center with Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists, Holistic Consultation is first and foremost a place devoted to meeting you where you are.
We have therapists who are highly trained in a variety of evidence-based approaches and we also have a certified yoga instructor and licensed nutritionist on staff. All of this is with the goal of helping you have the most well-rounded treatment possible.
Holistic Consultation is the place to honor your vulnerability and get in touch with who you are at an authentic level.
Our mission is to empower you to become the best version of yourself through experienced mental health care.
What Satisfied Clients are Saying
About Our Career Counseling
"My life has gotten so much better and happier being able to fully understand myself."
"I’m really happy with the care I receive here. I feel like I have made intense progress since starting."
"This is my first counseling experience and it’s been great. I appreciate the individualistic and modern take on counseling."
Who Benefits Most from Career Counseling and a Better Work Life Balance
You will benefit from career counseling sessions if:
- You have many skills but aren’t sure how they fit into a career
- You feel lost and overwhelmed when it comes to finding fulfillment at work
- You are considering changing careers, but not sure where to start
- You want connection, support and a plan to make progress
What Does Career Counseling Cost?
Career counseling is a fee for service program and Holistic Consultation accepts most major insurance plans and services provided on a self-pay basis. A sliding scale fee is available upon request and determined by need.
We accept Aetna, Anthem, Medical Mutual, OSU Student Health Insurance (Healthsmart), OSU Faculty & Staff Insurance (NGS Coresource/Trustmark), and Tricare at in-network rates.
For a one-time fee of $20, we also partner with Elevate to offer an optional strengths-based assessment that clarifies your specific career interests, skills, and personality preferences, as well as, how they link to various jobs, work settings, and career fields.
When and Where Can I Schedule a Career Counseling Session in Columbus?
Holistic Consultation - Online Therapy conveniently offers online therapy throughout Ohio.
Holistic Consultation - Campus Location is conveniently located in Columbus, OH across the street from Ohio State University. We are just south of Clintonville, east of Upper Arlington and north of Short North, Victorian Village and downtown Columbus.
Holistic Consultation - Clintonville Location is conveniently located in Columbus, OH next to the Whetstone Park of Roses. We are east of Upper Arlington, south of Worthington and north of Ohio State University and downtown Columbus.
Services are offered year-round with daytime, night & weekend availability.
Your Next Steps
It is completely possible to find a meaningful career that fulfills your interests.
With the right support, you can start taking small steps forward. You just need to find the right professional to guide you along the way.
Holistic Consultation can help.